- About PSI
- Financial Aid
- Student Services
- Contact Us
For Students Starting AFTER July 1, 2012.
You will need to follow the steps below and provide the appropriate information in order to complete your Financial Aid application for Ohio Technical College.
If you DO NOT plan to apply for financial aid, you must complete the FA Refusal Form.
PLEASE NOTE: You must either apply for Financial Aid or complete the Financial Aid Refusal Form.
Financial Aid Process
1. Complete your 2011 Federal Tax Return
2. Determine your Dependency status (Dependency status information) to verify if you must include your parent's information when applying for Financial Aid.
3. Apply for your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov, so you can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
4. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Contact our office to obtain a paper FAFSA if needed.
Time Table for Filing FAFSA After 2011 Federal Tax Returns
If you submitted your 2011 Federal Taxes: You can complete your FAFSA Report:
E-Filed your 2011 Federal Taxes - 3 weeks after taxes are submitted
Mailed in a copy of your 2011 Federal Taxes - 6-8 weeks after taxes are submitted
*We strongly recommend that you import your 2011 Federal Tax information from the IRS. (Click here to see a screenshot of the FAFSA import web page.)
**If you chose not to, or are unable to import your 2011 Federal Tax Return into your FAFSA form, you must provide a transcript of your return. Transcripts must be requested from the IRS at http://www.irs.gov or call (800)829-1040.
***The Department of Education may select your FAFSA for verification. If this occurs, our office will contact you to request the required documentation.
Receive your Financial Aid Award Package
1. Your Financial Aid Award package will summarize aid eligibility and include the documents needed to secure this aid.
2. Complete and return all necessary forms in your Financial Aid package, including the Student Loan Promissory Notes.
3. If there is a remaining tuition balance after Financial Aid is applied, several options are available to address a balance. These include:
• Monthly and quarterly payment plans
• Parent PLUS Loans
• Private Alternative Student Loans
*REMINDER! In order to receive your Financial Aid, the school must have a copy of your final High School Transcript. Please use the Request for High School Transcript form to request a copy if needed.
Apply for Scholarships
1. There are thousands of scholarships available to help you pay for college, and best of all, they're free money! You may apply for scholarships at any time, even after you enter college!
2. For a list of possible resources, check out our Scholarships page.
Once you have completed your application forms and have gathered your documentation, please fax, mail or email your application packet to the Office of Financial Aid at:
Ohio Technical College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
1374 East 51st Street
Cleveland, OH 44103
NOTE: **It is strongly recommended that you have your financial aid and payment arrangements finalized at least 30-days before beginning classes.**